The 52 Book Club’s 2022 Reading Challenge
Ready to challenge your reading? To try new authors or genres you haven’t read before? To push yourself to read at least a book a week, all the while having a ton of fun? Then you’re in the right place. Our fifth annual reading challenge is here, and we at The 52 Book Club couldn’t be more excited to share these brand new prompts with you all. So, let’s get started!
What is the challenge?
52 Books in 52 Weeks is an annual challenge made up of 52 unique prompts. Match one book to each prompt for a total of 52 books throughout the year. The goal is to try new authors or genres, push ourselves to read more, read differently, and most importantly… to have fun!
How does it work?
- Using the list below, match one book to each of the 52 prompts. (52 books total.) Get as creative as you like with interpreting the prompts!
- When January 1, 2022 rolls around, start reading!
- Once you’ve finished one of the prompts, check it off the list and share your read! The Facebook group is our most popular spot for posting your recent 52 Book Club reads. When sharing on other social media sites like Instagram or Twitter, don’t forget to use the hashtag #the52bookclub2022 and #the52bookclub. This helps us find everyone!
- How often you share is up to you! You can share after every read, share all of your reads at the end of the month, or even just at the end of the year! Some participants chose to track their reads privately and simply follow along in the groups to find amazing recommendations. How you decide to participate is up to you. We’re just glad you’re here!
Other helpful reminders:
- You can complete the list in any order. You can also interpret the prompts as creatively as you like, using any format of reading, and any author or genre that you feel fits the prompt.
- Remember that the challenge doesn’t officially begin until January 1, 2022! (We just release it early so you have time to plan and invite friends!) Have more questions? Check out our FAQs.
Ready to see what 2022 holds in store? Let’s check out the new challenge!!!
Sharing the challenge? Don’t forget to use the hashtags #the52bookclub or #the52bookclub2022
Invite your friends and family members to join in. It’s okay if you can’t read 52 books in a year. All are welcome!
2022 Challenge Downloads
Want to download a copy of the challenge for yourself? Check out these free printables! In addition to a PDF and JPEG version of the challenge, we also have a 2022 Reading Logbook (a simple way to track your 2022 challenge reads), a 2022 post template (perfect for sharing in the Facebook group) and a Word document copy of the prompts (easy for those creating their own way to track and log prompts!)
Other Resources for 2022:
Looking for help planning your 2022 challenge? We’ve created some resources to help you out!
Our 2022 Reading Challenge Guide is the perfect place to start. This guide walks through EACH of the 52 prompts and explains what they mean. It also contains creative interpretations, ideas to get you started, and links to our Goodreads lists.
Want a quicker way to access the Goodreads lists? We’ve also compiled a master list of all 52 Goodreads lists for this challenge. Click the buttons below to access both of these amazing resources!
So, what do you think? What are some of your FAVOURITE prompts from this year’s reading challenge? Which ones are going to be trickier to complete? (Don’t forget, you can get as creative as you’d like when interpreting the prompts. Be sure to read through our rules or FAQs for more tips on that!)