Help us pick a 2023 Prompt!
Week One: September 5-11, 2022
Hello 52 Book Club friends!
It’s that time of year again! The time where we start thinking about new prompts for next year’s challenge!
If you’ve been a part of The 52 Book Club in the past, you’ll know that we love inviting you to share your ideas for future prompts. This year, we will be doing things a little differently and hosting FOUR different polls over the course of September. Each week, we will release a new poll with twenty different options. It’s up to YOU to vote for your favorite!
How it works:
1. Every Monday in September, watch for a new poll. (Be sure to sign up for e-mails so you don’t miss it!)
2. Vote for your favorite option — the one you’d most like to see on the 2023 challenge. Each week, you have up to three chances to vote. Once in the Facebook group, once in the Goodreads group, and once on Instagram. You can vote as strategically as you’d like — voting for the same option three times, or voting for a different option on each.
3. Once the poll closes, total votes will be tallied across all three platforms (Facebook, Goodreads, and Instagram.) The TOP THREE picks for each week will be named finalists and entered into the final running for the 2023 challenge.
4. In October, the winning prompt will be randomly drawn from the three weekly finalists. This winning prompt will appear on the 2023 challenge. (This will happen for all four of our September polls, giving us a total of four member-voted prompts for 2023!)
Week One Poll:
Week One voting period:
Monday, September 5, 2022 until Sunday, September 11, 2022
This week we are voting on the prompt, “Set in the city of…” This prompt will be for any book set within a specific city. While we’ve had individual countries listed on our past challenges, having a specific city will be a first for us! We can’t wait to see which of these twenty cities you’re most excited to see on the 2023 challenge!
Using the voting links below, pick the city you would most like to see appear on the 2023 challenge. (Remember, each week you can vote up to three times: once on Facebook, once on Goodreads, and once on Instagram.) Some of the cities have thousands of books published in them, other have a few hundred. Do some research or vote from your gut, it’s entirely up to you! Just make sure your vote is in by September 11!
Week 1 Prompt: Set in the city of…
1. Tokyo (Japan)
2. Barcelona (Spain)
3. Damascus (Syria)
4. Kathmandu (Nepal)
5. Paris (France)
6. New York (USA)
7. Venice (Italy)
8. Singapore (Singapore)
9. Los Angeles (USA)
10. Dublin (Ireland)
11. Manaus (Brazil/Amazon)
12. Johannesburg (South Africa)
13. Prague (Czech Republic)
14. Las Vegas (USA)
15. Warsaw (Poland)
16. Berlin (Germany)
17. Vienna (Austria)
18. London (UK)
19. Istanbul (Turkey)
20. Shanghai (China)
Week 1 Voting Links:
NOTE: Votes must be cast on Facebook, Goodreads, or Instagram. Comments left on this blog post will not count towards the final running (however, you’re more than welcome to share your favorites and try to convince others to vote for your pick!)
Finished voting? Be sure to come back next week for an entirely new prompt to vote on!