Vote for a 2024 Prompt!
WEEK TWO: September 11-17, 2023
Last week’s vote is officially closed and our two finalists from that poll will be announced shortly!
This week, we are voting for, “A book set in _____.” With ten different options ranging from specific countries, cities, and even a continent, we think this vote opens up a lot of reading possibilities! (And if you participated in last year’s vote, you’ll notice that one of our 2023 runner-ups is even getting a second chance!)
How it works:
1. Every Monday in September, watch for a new poll. (Be sure to sign up for e-mails so you don’t miss it!) Each week we’ll be voting on a different prompt, and each vote will contain ten options to choose from.
2. Vote for the option you’d most like to see on the 2024 challenge. Each week, you have up to three chances to vote. Once in the Facebook group, once in the Goodreads group, and once on Instagram. You can vote as strategically as you’d like — voting for the same option three times, or voting for a different option on each.
3. Once the poll closes, total votes will be tallied across all three platforms (Facebook, Goodreads, and Instagram.) The TOP TWO picks for each week will be named finalists and entered into the final running for the 2024 challenge.
4. In October, the winning prompts will be randomly drawn from the weekly finalists. These winning prompts will appear on the 2024 challenge. (This will happen for all four of our September polls, giving us a total of four member-voted prompts for 2024!)
WEEK TWO VOTE:
Week Two voting period:
Monday, September 11, 2023 until Sunday, September 17, 2023
Prompt: “A book set in _________”
This week we are voting for a book “Set in _______.” Below you’ll find ten different settings to consider ranging from specific cities, to countries, to continents. The top two prompts from this week will be named finalists. In October, both finalists will be entered into a random draw. The winning prompt from that draw will then appear on our 2024 challenge.
For this prompt, the book must be set in the winning location. Some options will be more challenging than others, so feel free to take your time and research which books will fit your vote. As long as a book is at least partially set within the specified location, it works toward this prompt. You have until Sunday, September 17 to cast your vote! (Remember, each week you can vote up to three times: once on Facebook, once on Goodreads, and once on Instagram.)
SET IN _________:
2) A country starting with the letter “I”
6) A city starting with the letter “M”
8) Central America
9) New Zealand
Week Two Voting Links
NOTE: Votes must be cast on Facebook, Goodreads, or Instagram. Each week you can vote up to three times (once on Facebook, once on Instagram, once on Goodreads.) Comments left on this blog post will not count towards the final running (however, you’re more than welcome to share your favorites and try to convince others to vote for your pick!)