Our February 2022 mini-challenge has arrived — our first mini-challenge of the year! For those who are new here, mini-challenges are bonus prompts that we release spontaneously throughout the year. They are completely optional and can be read in addition to your regular fifty-two prompts, or doubled-up and combined.
Ready to see this month’s prompts?
(Hint: We’ve released this challenge on 02/02/2022. All those twos giving you any ideas?)
And as always, we’ve compiled some ideas for interpreting the prompts, as well as Goodreads lists for ideas. Keep reading to check those out too!
February 2022 Mini-Challenge:
1. A title with the same word twice
2. Mirror, mirror on the wall
3. The second book in a series
Match one book to each of the prompts (for a total of three books). Share your picks in our Facebook group, Goodreads group, or on Instagram using the hashtag #the52bookclub2022. As mentioned above, you can choose to read these books in addition to your regular 52 Book Club reads (this makes 55 prompts for the year now), or you can combine them with prompts still left on your 2022 list. As always, get as creative as you like with the prompts and have fun!
Need some help with how to interpret these prompts?
- Title with the same word twice: This prompt is for any title that has the same word included in it twice. Example: The Mirror Crack’d from Side to Side or One by One. It doesn’t matter what the word is, as long as it shows up in the title twice!
Goodreads List: A title with the same word twice.
- Mirror, mirror on the wall: Going with our “two theme” for the month, there are many ways to interpret this prompt. You could chose a book with a mirror, a reflection, or a reflected image on the cover. Other options include, reading a fairytale, or picking a book with the word “mirror” in the title. You could also pick a plot in which the character is reflecting back over their life.
Goodreads List: Mirror, mirror on the wall.
- The second book in a series: This prompt is for any book that is the second in a series. Now’s the perfect time to head out to the library or bookstore and grab that sequel you’ve been meaning to read.
Goodreads list: The second book in a series.
What books are you picking for this month’s mini-challenge?